PENTECOST BAPTIST CHURCH INTERNATIONAL, PORTSMOUTH.

Sunday 4 November 2012

The windows of God on earth (2 Kings 7:1-16)

The windows of God on earth (2 Kings 7:1-16)
How does God work out his miracles? How does he accomplish promises and prophesies? Messages of God’s exploits and blessings can only be given ‘as you see it’.
Psalms 118:23
This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes. 24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. 25 Save now, I beseech thee, O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.
And to be candid, no two God’s miracles are the same. So the perspective today is from God’s providence on the earth.
Haggai 2:7
And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts. 8 The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts.
The passage we read was a continuation of a long history of famine and suffering is Samaria. The city was besieged by their enemies making it difficult to do their normal daily business. Obviously, their reserved provisions at home got finished hence their suffering. When the matter got to the king, his reaction was to avenge his anger on the man of God. At that point, God spoke through his servant that there would be a sudden release of abundance.
2Kings 7:1
Then Elisha said, Hear ye the word of the LORD; Thus saith the LORD, To morrow about this time shall a measure of fine flour be sold for a shekel, and two measures of barley for a shekel, in the gate of Samaria. 2 Then a lord on whose hand the king leaned answered the man of God, and said, Behold, if the LORD would make windows in heaven, might this thing be? And he said, Behold, thou shalt see it with thine eyes, but shalt not eat thereof.
By the power of God behind that passage, I decree a sudden release of abundance upon your life in the name of Jesus. It might be helpful to remind you that God owns both the heaven and the earth. He doesn’t need to create something in a hurry in order to fulfil his will. He has everything in abundance, and that on this earth.
Psalm 50:7
Hear, O my people, and I will speak; O Israel, and I will testify against thee: I am God, even thy God. 8 I will not reprove thee for thy sacrifices or thy burnt offerings, to have been continually before me. 9 I will take no bullock out of thy house, nor he goats out of thy folds. 10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills. 11 I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine. 12 If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof. 13 Will I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats? 14 Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High: 15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.
To the secular mind, this is nonsense. So the high chief confronted the man of God.
But God has his windows on earth already. None of the provisions we receive drop from the sky. They are on earth but heaven decrees the direction they should go.
Proverbs 23:4
Labour not to be rich: cease from thine own wisdom. 5 Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven.
May heaven direct abundant blessings to you in the name of Jesus. All we are advised to do is to believe God and his prophet and it shall be well in Jesus name.
2Chronicles 20:20
And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established; believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper.
God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment